- YAI, a charity for people with disabilities, used easy sex to bait youth into volunteering. Gawker spread the word and YAI pulled the campaign, to the chagrin of ad-heads and volunteers alike.
- Adidas and EVB, SF have launched an NCAA fanboy site called March is Brotherhood. Learn chants, read coach blogs and make coaches call your friends.
- itzbig thinks encouraging passive aggressive employees to get fired will help them find better careers.
Not a dildo. Not a diaper. It's a strap-on jimmy for Super Pii Pii Brothers!
This has jack to do with advertising, but if you don't feel thankful for having learned about the existence of Super Pii Pii, you are lying to yourself. Strap on the harness, pop in your Wiimote and play the game that men have been playing in public toilets for, well, ever.
No word on whether a Glory Hole series is in the making but somebody's gotta be working on one.
UPDATE: It was an April Fool's joke. That's a lightweight bummer.
Tomorrow The Street relaunches its Beat the Street stock game, which is essentially fantasy stocks with prize money. The game is geared to Wall Street newbs that want to learn how to "navigate the stock market and make strong trading picks."
Any one person can win $5K/week, up to $60,000. The game lasts 12 weeks.
If you're into online games about trade show then this one for Internet world from TAMBA Internet might just be your thing. Me? I'd rather go to the actual trade show where I can learn things and enjoy the side benefit of booth base. But, that's just me.
Our favorite purveyor of lingerie, Agent Provocateur, has a new game and a new adventure out so if you're into sexy lingerie, games that are called Peep in Paris and episodic video installments, head over to Agent Provocateur for some afternoon delight.
Like that commercial years ago where a runway model wearing a fur coat suddenly begins spewing blood all over the audience, this new game from PETA lets you pick an animal and run around a Burberry store spray painting fur-clad mannequins while security guards attempt to hunt you down.
There are three levels. I got through the first one and bailed on the next two but it was a fun little time waster.
This is a game called Hazard Lane. It was put together by TAMBA for Landmark Information Group. (We like how the title tag says "Landmark Information Group Presents 'Fair Game'" when "Hazard Lane" is emblazoned in green across the top of the page. Somebody must've missed an email.)
The object of the game is to buy expensive property by propelling real estate agents out of a car. And just for kicks, you have to avoid environmental hazards.
We don't get it. In fact, we think it's the lamest thing we've ever seen. And because TAMBA had the gall to try disseminating it anyway, we're going to use it as the scapegoat for the mortgage crisis.
- The Art Director's Club is holding its 6th annual Young Guns Awards. Call for entries opens April 3 and the judges consist of previous Young Guns winners.
- The Facebook application My Perfect Bedroom, created by TAMBA, lets you sex up your virtual bedroom...for you graduates of Disney's Webkinz.
- Have a little fun with the Extensis Typematching game where you can determine which typeface you are and match yourself to other typefaced (damn, there's a creative social network in that name somewhere!) people.
- Today, everyone's talking about Christvertising. We mentioned it back in December. Come on people!
- Now this billboard promoting New Zealand's premiere of American Psycho with an image of George Bush is just funny.
- HP? Goodby, Silverstein & Partners? McGarryBowen? A new CMO? Now that's a recipe for some gossip.
...in true Cartoon Network style: with robots. The game was put together by agency Ralph and promotes CN's Robotboy. Your job is to help test Professor Moshimo's robots. High-ranking "robo-guardians" win prizes like posters and roboreptiles.
Not especially awe-inducing. Where's the fire, Cartoon Network?
How to get new blood into a casino:
- Promise the newbs free money
- Launch an addictive but impossible game (extra points: call it a "challenge!")
- Infuse game with cheery casino noises
- Slip online casino URL right under "try again" button
- Sit and let simmer. With time, a gateway drug almost always conceives an addiction
Mohegan Sun, are you listening?