Top 13 Visual Design Trends For 2014 [Infographic]
Last week, we took a look at what's hot and what's not in terms of design trends for 2014. Today, we're going to take a look at the top visual design trends for 2014. Just like last week's Hot or Not Design Trends piece, iStock queried creatives from around the world so see where design is headed for 2014.
There are 13 visual design trends to look for next year. They have been compiled on an interactive infographic here and we've also listed them below:
- Diverse Women. Bring on real women of all shapes, races and ages that don't fit a cookie-cutter mold.
- Hands-On Dads. Take away the briefcase and we see a real-life dad who gets dirty with his kids.
- Beards. That old itchy stubble will grow into beards of wisdom and masculinity.
- Lens Flare. Lens flare is no longer seen as a technical mistake but a way to achieve authenticity.
- Man as Machine. For better or worse, technology has turned us into data-driven human robots.
- Cameras We Wear. Technology, of all things, will help us capture and share real life as it happens.
- Multi-Racial Models. Models with multiple ethnicities are the new face of global advertising.
- 2014 FIFA World Cup. World Cup mani will rival any religion for the largest following in 2014.
- Witches (Bye, Bye Vampires). Witches are the new pop-culture queens, lighting up the silver screen and runways in 2014.
- Handcrafted Vectors. Sketchy, hand-drawn illustrations remind us there was an artist in the process.
- Instagrammy Food Shots. We trust food that looks like it was shot with a friend's iPhone and posted online. #yum.
- Experience Over Things. Mix together flour, milk and eggs and you have skill for life. Paddle, lift and ride and you have an experience for life. Pack a sleeping bag, axe and beans and you have stories for life.
- Creative Collaboration. Creative collaboration trumps competition because two heads really are better than one.